13 August 2008

Featured space #10 - She Sews By The Seashore

Naomi from She Sews By The Seashore says.

I am a seamstress and have been for the past two years. Those two years have gone by so quickly, but it feels like I've been doing this forever. It feels so natural to sit down and sew. I spend my time in my studio dreaming up new things to make; sorting my fabric and patterns; looking around Etsy for things I want to buy; talking to fellow artists; and of course sewing. Sometimes I'll just sit with a few scraps of fabric and just start cutting and see what I come up with. Sometimes it is a terrible disaster; other times the outcome is better then I expected. My studio is for me, a place of quiet and relaxation. I don't see my sewing as work; instead, I find it great fun to do. The money is just an added bonus. I find that I am much more handy with a sewing machine, or just needle and thread then I am with a brush, pencil or even words.






2 comments:

FairiesNest said...

I love the idea of seeing sellers workspaces! Wonderful!

Bella Modiste said...

Thanks so much for Featuring me!
I'll blog it tonight!
cheers,
The Bella Modiste