03 June 2008

Welcome to "Real Space Wednesday"

I love looking at artist's work spaces. My favorite thing is storage. I love little drawers and cubbies and other things artists use to store their materials. I also like to see their actual workspace. As in, a paint splattered table or easel or a pile of beads or yarn. So, I have made this blog to dedicate it to Etsy artist's work spaces and shops. Each week (or more as time goes), I will be featuring an Etsy artist's workspace and shop. To start off, a little shameless self promotion.

My name is Renee. My shop is called renee's Paper & Yarn. I started off doing cards and some knitting items. I also added some jewelry and right now, I'm focusing on beaded items, although, I will be adding some paper items very soon. I tend to cycle my work as I have many interests and don't like to get bored.



I work at my desk, which also holds my computer. As you can see, I like things cluttered. I do all of my knitting and bead work, here. If I'm painting, I will sit at the kitchen table, which is actually right behind me. The cubby shelves on the left hold yarn and DVDs. My scanner sits on top.


This is a section of wire cubby shelves I use to hold yarn for current projects. I also keep knitting needles, stitch holders, pliers, and other jewelry making tools hanging on the edges where they're handy.


This is a section of a wall of storage units of drawers and paper slots that line the wall across from my desk. I store all of my stamping and painting supplies here. I'm in the middle of reorganizing, so, it is in quite a disarray.


This is to the left of the previous picture. The whole thing is 5 units wide plus these shelves. I love these units. I wish I had room for more.

So, that is my space. I also have a closet I need to go through and downsize, but, doesn't everyone? lol.





4 comments:

Twiggymolly said...

WOW! you have a very wide variety of crafts you partake in! I do only one, and then get crafty in Christmas time.
I love all the little cubby holes too!

jaymie said...

You have great storage. I love those filing cabinet looking bins.
Thanks for starting this blog. I really enjoy it. and Thanks for featuring me too. #5! yay!

kiddlebug said...

I saw units like that and I wanted them, but didn't buy them. I'm kicking myself now!

taiseer said...


India's finest decorative arts for Interior Design Bangaloreluxury home furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite Modular Kitchen Indiastyles excellence in producing and Quality standards. will give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home.