08 July 2008

Featured space #6 - Soap Scent-sations

Please welcome Kristi from Soap Scent-sations. Kristi says...

Hi, my name is Kristi and I make hand-poured soaps and bath products. My Etsy shop is SoapScentsations.etsy.com. My kitchen/breakfast nook is my workspace. In here my creations come to life. I make bathnet soaps, bath bombs, and solid lotion bars. I also make shower favor soaps and create custom gift baskets from time-to-time.

The first image is a facing view of where I do most of my work. This cabinet holds nearly all of my soap making supplies and tools. It is overflowing and I have two giant rubber tubs of things in my bedroom closet! When I am really busy I overflow onto the table in front and the kitchen cabinet which is to the left.

The next images are of the cubbies within the cabinet. My favorite feature about the cabinet is the cork board I added to it to hold orders, newspaper clippings, brochures, and recipes. I just pin the things I need up there for when I am working. Keeps it out of my way and out of the soap mess. I thought this cabinet was big when I bought it, but it was quickly filled.

In the right cubbie are my fragrance oils, soap additives, colorants, and wax. In the center are my books, some decoration, and little soaps I like to have on display. Some of my antique collections have been shoved in here as well. In the left cubbie are the essential oils, measuring equipment, oils, powders, and other soap additives. When I work these doors are always open and things falling out because I am constantly rearranging to find exactly what I need.

The bottom cubbies hold molds, soap bases, office supplies, packaging, and whatever else I can get in there that is related to my business. Storage overflows beside the cabinet on an antique metal chair. I use the steps as shelves to put my soap storage boxes on. And to the left under the bar into the kitchen I have more storage for completed soaps. The baskets are perfect, but I need twice as many (again other storage goes in boxes in my bedroom closet).

Usually my kiddos are playing in the living room where I can see them or working on their own projects at the table behind me. I like that they can be with me and I can halt my process to help them with theirs. And sometimes they like to help me by melting the shrink wrap on the soaps (and my six-year old says he helps with putting away the dishes!!--if you want his two-cents!! ha).











2 comments:

gardencris27 said...

What a great little work space. I love to see where everyone creates their masterpieces!

Patrizia said...

That is so awesome! I love how you show the work spaces :D

great feature