23 July 2008

Featured Space #8 - Scribble Nation

Mary Helen from Scribble Nation



1. Storage bins for all my fabric. It seems only yesterday the contents were neatly organized by color and material. Good times...
2. The aforementioned "poop chair". I painted this sucker many years back. It horrified my father, but I thought the little floater added necessary detail to the piece.
3. My sewing machine safely tucked inside its case (but wearing a random crap hat.)
4. Yes, that is a coconut.
5. Go bulletin board! When I put this up I imagined a collage of neatly arranged swatches, sketches, and clippings. What actually wound up here? Not quite Martha material.
6. My favorite Minks to Sinks find ever, a freaky old cabinet made with cigar box drawers. It hold all of my little doo dads with suck style!
7. This is not coffee. It actually holds all of the little stray strings from when I sew. They are kept safely inside this cup.
8. A giant bag of herb. No! Not THAT kind of herb. Come on, this is a family show.
9. Fabric scrap bags. I may be messy, but that doesn't mean I'm not O.C.D. I have all of my fabric pieces under 1/2 yard in color schemed ziplocks. This particular one is a mish-mash that I put together for a project. The rest are freakishly color coordinated.



1. A plate full of kiwi. Believe it or not, this and the coconut are actually work related.
2. Various Boot-onnière's waiting for pinbacks. Coming soon to a Scribble Nation near you!!
3.Packing tape! Amidst all the chaos I still get my orders out. (And my endless amount of SwapTree swap books.)
4. !@#$ allergies.
5. Upcycled Envelopes waiting to be sorted into "collections" and photographed.
6. Google Chat - the underminer of all productivity.
7. A golden chicken (and his friend the rubber cow). I don't really know the deal with the golden chicken. According to my Pops it's VERY important though, so I keep it right here on my desk.
8. Kewpie!!
9. Martha's free calender keeping me up to date! (It's even on the right month. I'm SO grown up.)
10. You could call this a cordless phone OR you could more accurately call it the charities begging for money device. I know this sounds awful, but anyone who belongs to activist groups or has donated money from time to time will know what I mean when I tell you that I get called EVERY DAY by multiple charities. I couldn't possibly have enough to donate to all of them so I wish they would just LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!
11. My lucky Etsy magic candle. I wrote ETSY all over this pillar and I light it every time I list something new. Mojo anyone?




4 comments:

Mary Helen said...

Thanks for featuring me!

Frau Zinnie said...

Awesome work space! I might have to get me one of those candles!

Patricia C Vener said...

Workshop? Studio? How lucky is that! I work all over the place - any place that's free is pretty much a target for me.

Patricia

Sara said...

I absolutely love this blog idea and am adding the link to my blog! I love the poop chair!! Great feature.