02 July 2008

Featured space #5 - WhiteStone Stitchery

This week's featured space belongs to Jaymie of WhiteStone Stitchery. Jaymie says...

At WhiteStone Stitchery I believe in going back to the basics regarding quilting. My grandmother didn't have the opportunity to go to Joann Fabrics or order fabric online when she quilted. She used what she had and made lovely quilts with color and texture and love.

I specialize in handmade quilted bags made with mostly vintage, thrifted, recycled and hand me down fabrics. Occasionally I will use a new fabric, but very rarely. I sort of have a reputation with the ladies I work with and they will bring me their cast off clothing before taking it to the Good will, so I can go through it for fabric!

As I begin a purse I use nature as my inspiration. I think about what colors combinations I love to see in gardens and natural landscaping. Then each fabric is coordinated with the each other and just for fun i will combine unexpected colors and textures.

My sewing studio was designed and built by my husband. He lovingly donated 1/2 his man garage for my craft area. He built walls, and laid flooring and made these great closets so that I can store STUFF. How awesome is that?

Sometimes when I don't have time to sew, I will just sit in my chair and spin around!















5 comments:

Sara Millis said...

It's great to see sellers and their workspaces... it makes me feel like part of a community... working on-line can feel so isoslated at times!

At least popping into this blog will make me feel like I'm popping my head over the cubicle in the Etsy Seller's office... 'Hi, I'm Sara... how are you today? Whatcha doin'?'

I blog rolled you at http://etsyprofiles.blogspot.com/

Sara x

Heather said...

Your sewing workshop looks great. As Sara said, it is really neat to see what other people's craft rooms look like :)

Sarah Jane said...

Gorgeous studio! I love to see where people do their work. :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

It's fun to see the work spaces of fellow Etsians. Thanks and I'll back for more!

Patrizia said...

great blog, love seeing workspaces

I love those yellow doors